Our goal is to build a stronger community of artists in Austin, and we want YOU to be a part of it! Check out the perks of membership below and find out how you can become a part of the company!
Benefits of Membership
- Advance Tickets - Early access to tickets/reservations for company productions and events.
- Complimentary Tickets - Each member will receive one free ticket to each theatre production ( tickets to selected special events and fundraisers are also available).
- Members Only Auditions - You'll be invited to a special night of auditions exclusively for our members. You'll receive an in-depth audition including coaching from the director to give you a leg up on the competition (members may also attend open auditions but will not receive the benefits of the in-depth audition).*
- Newsletter - You'll be emailed a members-only bi-monthly email newsletter containing information about the company and it’s direction. Also includes calendar of events, early announcement of shows, helpful theatre tips and more!
- Pre-casting - In rare occasions, a director may wish to cast a specific actor without a formal audition. ONLY Company Members are eligible to be cast without a formal audition. The pre-casting of any actor must be approved by the Board of Directors and the Artistic Directors.
- Voting - members are invited to be involved in creating the artistic vision of UTW by casting votes about the future of our company.*
How To Become A Member
Members are the lifeblood of a company. They provide the talent, energy, time and enthusiasm required to keep a production going. The requirements for admission to company are outlined below:
- Applicants for membership must have completed work on one UTW production. However, work with any of the following companies will be accepted through 2015: Austin Drama Club, Chaotic Theatre Company, The Wondrous Strange Players. Applicants who have completed work at any of the Austin area universities have this requirement waived.
- Applicants must be willing to pay a yearly fee of $25.00 to cover the cost of royalties, printing, publicity and other operating costs.
- Applicants also must be willing to volunteer for one committee per year.
- Contact the artistic directors at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for membership or for further information.